Nilofar Ahmadi, B.A., M.A., J.D.
Barrister, Solicitor and Notary Public
Nilofar completed her law degree at the University of Ottawa, where she studied courses and participated in several activities related to immigration and refugee law. She participated in the University of Ottawa Refuge Assistance Project (UORAP) researching access to justice issues affecting Canada’s reformed refugee determination system and conducted jurisprudential research relating to Pre-Removal Risk Assessments (PRRA). She also continues to be a member of the Refugee Law Association (RLA).
Nilofar articled at a boutique law firm focusing exclusively on immigration matters. She has experience in refugee claims, refugee appeals, judicial reviews, Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) applications, PRRA, visitor visas & extensions, study permits & extensions, work permits & extensions, temporary resident permits, citizenship applications, permanent residency applications, permanent resident card applications, family sponsorships and Alternative Dispute Resolutions (ADR). She has successfully represented clients before the Refugee Protection Division, Refugee Appeal Division and the Federal Court.
Nilofar is fluent in English, Dari and Urdu/Hindi, and conversant in Farsi.
- J.D., University of Ottawa
- M.A., York University
- Justice System Administration (Graduate Diploma), York University
- B.A. (High Distinction), University of Toronto
- Halepota v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 1196 (CanLII)
- Luciano v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2019 FC 1557 (CanLII)
- Zatreanu v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2019 FC 332 (CanLII)
- Zatreanu v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2020 FC 472 (CanLII)
- X (Re), 2019 CanLII 140902 (CA IRB)
- X (Re), 2019 CanLII 140878 (CA IRB)
- X (Re), 2019 CanLII 142505 (CA IRB)